AGILE: THE ABILITY TO RESPOND QUICKLY, EASILY AND SWIFTLY TO CHANGE
Agile development has become an inevitable aspect of the IT industry. Agile software development is a combination of software development methodologies based on iterative development, where the requirements and their solutions evolve by collaborating self-organizing & cross-functional teams. Agile promotes a disciplined process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, leadership skills. It also displays a set of engineering practices that are intended to allow rapid delivery of high-quality software and a business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals.
The traditional approaches like Waterfall model the project used to take several months or years for completion and the customer were unable to view the product until the completion of the project. But this cannot be done in large projects where it is necessary to see the supervise the development stages at every level. So, for this Agile methodology is used in the projects. The agile methodology includes Sprints or iterations which are shorter in duration which help to pre-determine the features that are developed and delivered.
Beingcert offers Agile scrum certifications at Foundation and master level. The certification helps the professionals to gain detailed knowledge of the Agile methodologies and Scrum practices. Agile methodologies are the combined approaches in software development that are increasingly being used in other specific areas.
Various features of the agile methodology are as follows:
- This methodology is very flexible and adjustable and can adapt to the project needs.
- The success of the projects following the Agile model is measured by the Business value that is delivered.
- The Project size is usually small in an Agile model, also less documentation is done in Agile.
- In Agile, the changes are accepted and adapted as per the project needs.
- In Agile model more, the emphasis is given to the people that means it’s People- Oriented.
- Agile methodology has many cycles or iterations which is also known as Sprints.
- There is minimal upfront planning in Agile methodology.